In 2014, Swedbank AB acquired the local Scania bank Sparbanken Öresund. Swedbank asked do-be consulting for support in two of their challenges:
Challenge 1: After the acquisition there was a great need to maintain a high level of service to end costumers before merging of the two different IT systems. There was also a need to set up a process for how to manually handle the transfer from one bank to another for a large number of customers.
Challenge 2: As a consequence of the aquisition, a technical conversion between IT systems was required by all customers, products and services from the banks. To make sure the best prerequisites for a successful conversion were created for customers, employees and internal support functions – and implementation project was formed.
- Project management, development and implementation of a interim model for customer service management. The implementation included educational efforts and formulation of instructions, manuals and process descriptions for the service model.
- Project management, development and implementation of a standardised and effective process for transition between the two banks (2 separate IT-systems). The implementation included educational efforts and formulation of instructions, manuals and process descriptions.
The assignment was managing the implementation project. This meant responsibility for four different areas:
- Formulation and execution of an internal communication plan
- Formulation and execution of internal education plan
- From a consequence analysis of identified actions affecting customers a resource plan for end communication channels was drafted
- Planning of manual activities required to be executed in the line organisation
Service model delivered and implemented successfully. Two separate bank were able to serve their customers in a satisfying way during transition despite different IT systems. Well-functioning process enabling standardised manual transfers for prioritised customers.
The ambitious goals of the implementation project were fulfilled, that is:
- Raise awareness, understanding, acceptance and engagement of project goals and strategies with identified stakeholders
- Reduce any opposition to the project’s objectives and strategies from identified stakeholders
On a management level, all goals connected to access to information, the conversion itself and understanding of / engagement in the process were fulfilled with a satisfactory rate of 100%. On employee level, goals connected to compliance, engagement and access to information were all fulfilled.See more references